Skip to content
The differences between a Rat or Mice infestation
Signs of a Mice Infestation
- Holes – tiny roundish holes ranging from 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide
- Gnawing – damage found along the edges of cardboard cartons and paper, which has been shredded by mice to create material for their nest
- Droppings – cylindrical ranging in length from about 1/8-1/4 inch.
Signs of a Rat Infestation
- Holes – rat holes found in different locations on your property such as under flooring, walkways, dirt mounds, and in the basement.
- Gnawing – around doorways and the edges of window frames, plumbing and electrical outlets, and food containers.
- Droppings – behind furniture or appliances next to walls, and other places seldom accessed for cleaning. Places where rat droppings are found are good locations for placing bait.
- Trails – greasy looking areas along flooring, up and down stair, along pipes, and appearing as narrow trodden pathways across yards.