Do you have a flea control problem? If so, you’re going to need a flea management specialist. We are experienced, licensed and certified pest control specialists with years of experience in flea eradication; we use the most effective pet and child safe sprays available. Remember, fleas can also infecet homes without pets. For more information call us at 717-422-3916.
Recognizing a Flea Infestation
- Pet scratching or licking its skin
- Rapidly moving reddish insects, less than 1/8th inch, that are found between the furs of the animal’s coat
- Tiny fleas that can be removed with a flea comb
- Presence of flea feces,(flea dirt), which appears as a reddish color when an infected animal’s skin is rubbed with a wet paper towel. (The best places to rub an infected pet and observe the flea feces sign are the rump of a dog and the back, between the shoulders, of a cat.)
- Presence of black specs on white socks of a person walking across a flea infested area of the house.
If You See Any of These Signs or if Your Vet Tells You Your Pet has Fleas Call A # 1 Pest Control today at 717-422-3916.
Getting Fleas Out of Your Home
Getting Rid of Fleas is a Partnership Between You and the Exterminator
- Take the pet to your veterinarian, and apply the prescribed anti flea treatment to your pet; this will keep the pet flea free while you work on eradicating fleas from your house.
- Thoroughly vacuum the house. Be sure to vacuum under and around baseboards, beds, furniture, and carefully vacuum areas of the house where your pet spends his time.
- Remove the cushions from your furniture and thoroughly vacuum every nook and crevice of each piece, using the vacuum cleaner nozzle attachment to reach into narrow crevices.
- Have your pest control specialist treat the floor areas and furniture of your home with a special anti-flea insecticide.